ITEMS THAT NEED TO BE REMOVED:
- Wax candles (or any items that can melt such as lipstick )
- Musical Instruments (if you have a Piano please call us immediately)
- Art supplies
- Medicines (store in refrigerator)
- Delicate food such as bread, olive oil, wine products. Soda and other carbonated canned beverages (store in refrigerator). Most pantry items are fine to leave in.
- Smoke detectors
- Vinyl items (records)
- Wall hangings including oil paintings/photographs should be placed by TV so they may be covered. If they are too large please ask technician to cover.
- Plastic/vinyl blinds should be removed or covered. Our technicians can assist.
- Vinyl windows must be covered with thermal blankets. Please notify technician if you have vinyl windows.
- Fire extinguishers/pressurized cans.
- Exit signs (commercial establishments).
- Batteries from all units.
- Firearms, fireworks, ammunition.
- Soda Cans should be put in refrigerator or outside of heat area.
- Expensive jewelry, gold coins, watches.
OTHER ACTION ITEMS:
- Sprinkler system heads removed from heated areas.
- Life Safety systems protected/removed.
- Mercury Thermometers removed.
- Place cosmetics, shampoo bottles, cleaning aids etc in bath tub. Remove aerosol cans.
- Place cleaning aids in kitchen sink. Remove aerosol cans.
- It should take 1 hour to prep most residences. Please call us with any questions/concerns.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON YOUR RETURN:
- We may have to thin out your cluttered drawers or closets to ensure all items reach the thermal kill temperature. Unfortunately, it is too hot for technicians to place all items neatly back so you may have to do some organizing after we leave. If your drawers and closets are not over stuffed and reach the right temperature you may not have to do anything on your return. Please rest assured we only move what is required in order to ensure success.
- You may find dead bed bugs. Simply vacuum and discard vacuum bag to an external bin.
- If your skin reacted to bed bug bites before the treatment, you may have additional reactions for up to two weeks. Bed bug bites cause many people to have delayed reactions. Almost certainly “bites” right after treatment are a delayed reaction and not cause for concern. This typically dies down within 14 days.
- A great number of bed bugs dehydrate and die during the treatment. However not all of them are killed instantly. Some bugs die in the 1-2 weeks after treatment due to being rendered incapable of reproducing due to heat or because their central nervous system fails in the 1-2 weeks after treatment. Finding any of these “dead bugs walking” is also not typically cause for concern.
- You have a 90-day full guarantee. We will do an additional treatment if necessary and are here to ensure you are bug free and 100% satisfied.
- If after one month you would like additional peace of mind, we can schedule a follow up K9 inspection. We do not recommend this before 30 days to ensure no false positives occur due to “dead bugs walking” as per point 4.
- If you have any suspicious bites or find any live bugs after 30 days, we will schedule a complimentary K9 inspection.